Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pumpkins

It's still summer here, folks and forever will be! Though I'm not complaining (cold weather depresses me), it does get a little boring. If we had all the four seasons, Fall would be my favourite, hands down.
I made these pumpkin-shaped bread rolls yesterday as I wanted to make something cute and Fall-ish. You can find the tutorial here. I made the dough using the 65°C Bread  method. I used cloves for the stems as they were the closest edible thing I could find in the kitchen that resembled stems. I was pretty happy with how they turned out. The cloves imparted a subtle cinnamon-ish flavour and smell to the bread.

While I'm on the subject of pumpkins, check out the following adorable painted pumpkin ideas from Better Homes And Gardens.
Use cone-shape pumpkins and spray-paint to create these Halloween treats.
Spray-paint two pumpkins luscious matte black. Craft cardstock features, and pin in place.
"Ice" the pumpkins and squash in pretty pastel paints, embellish with lacy trims and adhesive gems, and stack
Draw bats on white pumpkins with a permanent marker
Use paper doilies as stencils to create intricate, lacelike designs
You  can download the free templates of these cat and mouse silhouettes
more ideas @ Better Homes And Gardens

15 comments:

  1. You've just created a whole pin board, lol!! Great items here. In fact, all of your blog posts could be pinned. Do you have Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are so cute. I really want to make some of the bats on white pumpkins to put in some of the flower beds near the house. I've got to try your bread too. Thanks so much for sharing, now I'm in a Halloween mood :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Veronica -

    Loved your pumpkin rolls! These are adorable. I am very impressed with BHG pumpkin decorating ideas - especially the candy corn and I love that black cat. Have a great week Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the candy corn pumpkins and the witches feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pumpkin inspiration :) I like the white pumpkins that are hanging by the rope :) Thanks for sharing!!
    ~Candice @http://mylittlecircusandme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutely creative rolls! I adore autumn.

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Dragon Boat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tis that time of year when we think PUMPKINS!!! Love the bread ones... and would like to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. I featured your wonderful dinner rolls on facebook ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Veronica! what a fun post. I bought my first table size pumpkins this week. The out door ones will come a little later. I really liked the lace designs but the haunted house was my fav. Yes, I'll give these ideas a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these. The stockings are just adorable as is all the others. Thanks for sharing with us at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pumpkin rolls are so cute! Such a great idea! Found you on Inspire Me Please link up! If you like to like up come over to www.craftdictator.com for Craft Frenzy Friday!! I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many wonderful pumpkin ideas! Thanks for sharing- love them all! Stopping by from Inspire Me Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the pumpkin rolls! They're darling and I bet the flavor of the cloves is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your rolls look so good, the perfect pumpkin shape. You've got some awesome things on your blog!
    I wanted to stop by and thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on my email reply poll, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such magical ideas - love' em!

    ReplyDelete